Stone and Tile Stains Removal in New York
Spilling wine or dropping food on the floor are the perfect enemy for your tile stone. When these types of accidents happen, you will need to act fast in order to avoid any stain in your natural stone, marble, slate or limestone.
At NYC Stone Care we care about your stone surface and maintanence. Below you will find different tips and actions you will need to employ when you have spilled something on your stone floor or you have identified a stain.
To Clean Poured Wine/Liquid in Your Natural Stone Floor
- Blot the spill with a paper towel immediately.
- Don’t wipe the area, it will spread the spill.
- Flush the area with plain water and mild soap and rinse several times.
- Dry the area thoroughly with a soft cloth and repeat as necessary.
How to Remove a Stain From Your Floor
Identifying the type of stain on the stone surface is the key to removing it. If you don’t know what caused the stain, play detective.
- Where is the stain located?
- What color is it?
- What is the shape or pattern?
- What goes on in the area around the stain?
Surface stains can often be removed by cleaning with an appropriate cleaning product or household chemical. Deep-seated or stubborn stains may require using a poultice or calling in a professional.
The following sections describe the types of stains that you may have to deal with and appropriate household chemicals to use and how to prepare and apply a poultice to remove the stain.
Types of Stain
- OIL-BASED(grease, tar, cooking oil, milk, cosmetics)
- ORGANIC (coffee, tea, fruit, tobacco, paper, food, urine, leaves, bark, bird droppings)
- METAL(iron, rust, copper, bronze)
- BIOLOGICAL(algae, mildew, lichens, moss, fungi)
- INK(magic marker, pen, ink)
- WATER SPOTS AND RINGS(surface accumulation of hard water)
- FIRE AND SMOKE DAMAGE
- ETCH MARKS(Etch marks are caused by acids left on the surface of the stone)
If you have followed all of the procedures and tips given above and if the stain remains. Call NYC Stone Care we have the training and the solution for your stone. Give us a call at 1 888-318-8990 or email us and we’ll give you a free quote! We are serving New York and the surrounding areas.