Granite Repair, Restoration & Polishing
Request your free quote from NYC Stone Care to restore, repair and polish your granite today give us a call at 888-318-8990, NYC Stone Care will not leave until you are fully satisfied with our work.
• Building blocks: Due to its excellent wearing capabilities
• Flooring: Usually in the kitchen
• Tombstones: Due to Its ability to be highly polished and resistance to acid rain
• Kitchen worktops: Resistance to heat from cooking pans, acid erosion from liquid spills and ability to withstand knife scratching make this an
excellent application for granite.
• Paperweights and small sculptures
Granite is a stone which needs little maintenance compared to other natural stones however problems do occur which require professional repair and restoration. Although granite doesn’t etch it is sometimes treated or sealed incorrectly which results in unsightly marks and color inconsistencies with acid contact. Granite can also crack resulting in the need for a professional epoxy repair. This is usually required on damaged kitchen countertop edges or badly laid tiles with serious lippage.
Granite floors can lose silica over time which results in the appearance of small holes or craters. In this case the only option is to diamond grind the floor and re-polish it. This is a highly skilled task which requires much more experience and patience than the grinding of other stones. Granites hardness makes it a very difficult stone to restore however it has the ability to be polished to a very high shine.
Our extensive experience in granite restoration will give you peace of mind when choosing a stone care professional. We undertake granite repair jobs of any size and can provide survey reports for insurance claims.